Summary: How to use ScienceCloud Project Data to enter biological data for batches within a project.
The following topics are covered in this article. Clicking a link will scroll the page to the relevant section.
- Add New Biological Data
- Upload Additional Background Information for a Record
- Add Multiple Biological Data Records
- Remove Data Records
- Resolve Errors
Note: The following information provides a high-level summary. For additional details, see the attached PDF ("ScienceCloud Project Data Biological Registration Guide").
Add New Biological Data
To add new biological data:
- From the Apps section on the Home page, click Project Data to open the Project Data page.
- From the top menu, select New Data Entry to open a getting started navigation page.
- In Register a Single Biological, ADME or PK Result online, click Get Started.
- The New Biological Data page opens. Select a project from the Project drop-down list and then click Add to add a new record.
- (Required) Enter the Batch ID.
- Enter information into other fields where applicable (see table below for details).
- Click Save to save the new records and related information.
New Biological Data Fields
|Batch ID||(Required) The existing Batch ID where the new biological data should be registered.||PCUCT01-0002|
|Assay Name/Type||(Required) Name and type of assay. All available assays for the project are displayed in a drop-down list.||
Malaria in Vitro—IN VITRO
|Organism/Descriptor||(Required) Organism name and descriptor. All available organism names and descriptors are displayed in a drop-down list. (If Descriptor was not entered during creation, "unknown" will be used.)||
|Test Parameter||(Required) Authorized test parameters. All available test parameters are displayed in a drop-down list||
|Op||(Optional) Test value operator. All available operators are displayed in a drop-down list. If an operator is not entered, the Equals operator (=) will be automatically assigned.||<|
(Required) – Value
(Optional) – Unit. All available units are displayed in a drop-down list.
Note: It is important to separate the Value from the Operator to keep the Value numeric and allow further sorting and filtering within ScienceCloud. Value Unit must be selected from the drop-down list.
(Optional) Dose is a numeric value. Select Dose and Unit from a drop-down list. All available units are displayed in a drop-down list.
If you enter a Dose, you must also provide a unit.
|Time Pt/Unit||(Optional) Can be used to capture a Time Point relevant to the assay. All available units are displayed in a drop-down list.||24, hour|
|Test Date||(Required) This value must be in the format DD-MMM-YYYY and can be manually entered or selected from a calendar picker.||03-JUN-2012|
|Tester||(Optional) Select a name from the drop-down list. If left blank, the currently logged-in user will be automatically assigned.||Bob Nare|
|[+]||Opens a dialog for uploading a file with additional details for use with the data record (described below).||
Activity to be confirmed
Upload Additional Biological Information for a Record
A file can be attached that contains additional details for use with a biological data record. Use the Biological Details dialog for this purpose.
To upload files:
- Click [+] to open the Biological Details dialog.
- Enter the following information:
- Trial ID: Text field for entering the name of the trial ID. Useful for capturing a SOP or Trial ID (or experiment number).
- Select File: Click Choose File or Browse and select the file to upload and attach to the record.
- Test Comment: Free-form text field for entering information about the biological details.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- Click Save to save the new records and related information.
Add Multiple Biological Data Records
Multiple data records can be added at the same time.
To add another record to the same project:
- Click Add. A copy of the previously entered record will be added, with an empty Batch ID.
- Enter the Batch ID for the new record and other related information.
- Repeat until all required records are added.
- If the last record entered only contains the Assay Name, then the next record generated will only contain Assay Name as well.
- If the last record was populated and contains a file attachment, the new record generated will also be populated and contain the same attachment.
- When a new record is added, you can select a new assay from the Assay Name/Type drop-down list. (This clears all fields except Op.) Alternately, you can keep the assay copied from the previous record and update other fields individually.
To add new biological data to a different project:
- Select the project from the Project drop-down list.
All records for the previously selected project will no longer be displayed. The Assay Name drop-down and other fields will provide relevant options for the currently selected project.
- Open the Biological Details dialog and update the fields (and file attachment) for the new record.
- Be sure to save the new records and related information.
Remove Data Records
To remove a specific record:
- Click [x].
To remove all records:
- Click Remove All.
If data is not properly formatted, or if the required information is not entered, an error message will be displayed that indicates there is a problem with the data, and that nothing will be submitted.
To view invalid records (displayed in red onscreen):
- Click OK at the prompt.
To get details on the problem with a particular record:
- Hover over the record.
A duplicate record is defined as a record that contains the same Project ID, Batch ID, Test Conditions, Test Date, and Trial ID as another record that was either submitted previously for the same batch or data set.
A record that is considered a duplicate will generate a dialog (Allow Duplicate) to inform you that the data was already loaded. At the prompt, you can confirm whether or not to load it anyway. Selecting No allows the duplicate data to be loaded. A line will be printed in red and a message will be displayed confirming the duplicate state.
To view details:
- Hover over the error.
To correct the errors:
- Modify the data.
- Click Save.