Analytical Type File Registration
Summary: How to associate an Analytical Type file with a sample. Analytical Type files can be found when looking at a batch in Singular View in the Analytical section under the "Analytical Type" header.
The following topics are covered in this article. Clicking a link will scroll the page to the relevant section.
- Register Analytical Type Files in Project Documents
- Analytical Type Reference Lookup
- Upload Analytical Type Files
- Remove Analytical Type Files Associated with a Container ID
Note: For additional details, see the attached PDF ("ScienceCloud Project Data Analytical Type File Registration Guide").
Register Analytical Type Files in Project Documents
To register an Analytical Type file in Project Documents, the file name must be built using the following naming convention:
<Team Name, Team ID or Project ID> + "$" + <Batch ID> + "$" + <Analytical Type> + "$" + <Container ID> + "$" + <Well> + "$" + <some name>.<file extension>
Naming Convention Examples
|Type of File||Naming Convention|
|Team Name used, Container/Well omitted||BIOVIA$EX0000031$HPLC$MyFile2HPLC.pdf|
|Project ID used, Container/Well omitted||P027$EX0000031$HPLC$MyFile2HPLC.pdf|
|Project ID used, Container/Well included||P027$EX0000031$NMR$Plate0001$A01$MyFile1NMR.pdf|
- Container ID and Well are optional for batches that only contain one sample.
- If multiple samples are present for the batch, then Container ID and Well are required in your file naming convention.
- After the file is properly named, it can be submitted like a registration file in a Chemistry Smart Folder in Project Documents.
Analytical Type Reference Lookup
A complete list of all available Analytical Types is available online. This list is team-specific.
To access the list of analytical types online:
- Select Project Data application from dashboard.
- Select the New Data Entry menu.
- In the section "Register Multiple Analytical Type Files", click Show Details.
- Select Available Analytical Types.
Upload Analytical Type Files
If your account is activated for Edit permissions, you can load analytical type files on the Single Edit page.
To upload an analytical type file:
- Perform a search for the batch and/or Container ID to associate with the analytical type file.
- When the appropriate batch is displayed on the Results tab, select the corresponding check box at the left side.
- From the Edit drop-down list, select Chemistry to open the Single Edit page.
- In the Samples section at bottom of page, locate the sample Container ID to associate with the analytical type file (if there is more than one sample).
- The Analytical Type column at the right side of the Container ID row displays a View feature for working with analytical type files. To add a file, click the [+] icon.
- At the dialog box that opens, select the appropriate Analytical Type from the drop-down list, and then browse for your analytical type file.
- Click OK to save your changes to the batch.
Remove Analytical Type Files Associated with a Container ID
You can remove analytical type files that were previously associated with a Container ID.
To remove a file:
- From the Analytical Type column at the right side of the Container ID row, click the [-] icon for the View feature.
- From the dialog that opens, click Remove on the line item for the file to remove.
- At the prompt, click OK to confirm that you want to remove the file.
- Click Save at the top of the page to save changes.