Summary: Getting started with Project Documents - starting the application and intro to features.
Project Documents is the document management system for ScienceCloud. Documents can be stored as part of a project and shared with specific collaborators.
To open Project Documents:
- From the Apps menu on the left side of the ScienceCloud home page, select Project Documents. (This option is only visible if you have access to at least one project.)
Tip: From the Project Data page, click the Project Documents icon in the blue header.
Project Document Features
- Search Documents – A search box is displayed in the blue header at the top of the Project Documents page. From within the Project Documents application, this feature is used to search documents for keywords and structures.
- Toolbar icons – Depending on what is selected in the list view, icons are available for performing tasks (Upload, Download, New Folder, Edit Folder, Move, Delete).
- List view – An expandable/collapsible hierarchy of folders, subfolders, files, and URL items that team members with assigned permissions can navigate. Files are displayed in a list view with details such as the name of the team member who last updated the file, the file size, and the date when the file was uploaded or last modified.
- Smart Folders – Special folders for working with biology and chemistry data registration files.
See Also: For more detailed information on program features, see the attached ScienceCloud Project Documents User Guide.