Summary: This article provides detailed instructions for installing a compatible version of Pipeline Pilot Client with the ScienceCloud Developer Sandbox server.
To download the Pipeline Pilot Client installation program, ensure that you have Administrator privileges on the client computer.
- To connect to the ScienceCloud Developer Sandbox server with Pipeline Pilot Client, you need ScienceCloud credentials that include access to ScienceCloud Authoring and latest client software.
- To work with the Sandbox, you need version 2018 of Pipeline Pilot Client. If you currently are using an earlier version of the client software, download a newer version from the ScienceCloud Developer Sandbox server, as described below.
To download and install a compatible version of Pipeline Pilot Client:
- Sign into ScienceCloud. The ScienceCloud Home Page includes a Sandbox Developer tile. Select that tile. If the ScienceCloud homepage does not display a tile for Sandbox Developer, contact your ScienceCloud administrator and request that your user account get updated to include the application. Alternatively, you can point your browser to the Authoring developer home page, and prepare to sign in with your ScienceCloud credentials.
- Follow the link to the client download page. Since there is an applet on the download page, you might be prompted for permission to run Java.
- Following the instructions on the download page, run through the download operation and install the Pipeline Pilot Client software.
- When starting Pipeline Pilot Client after the installation is complete, it should connect to the ScienceCloud Developer Sandbox server. If not, set the server to:
- When you install a version of the Pipeline Pilot Client that is ScienceCloud-compatible, you can also use it to work with a Pipeline Pilot server (a compatible version) that is installed on your local network. You can switch between servers using the regular Change Active Server facility of the client.
- Once a compatible client is installed, you can also sign into ScienceCloud. The ScienceCloud Home Page includes an Authoring tile. Select that tile. This will open the Pipeline Pilot Client point to the ScienceCloud Developer Sandbox Server