Team Administrators can manage Experiments projects, user permissions and experiment types using the Administration pages. Please see the video below which demonstrates how to use the Experiments Administration features.
1. ScienceCloud Admin now provides Team Admins the ability to administer Projects, User Permissions and Experiment Types for ScienceCloud Experiments. To access these features, click the wrench icon for Administration.
2. Click “Users”, which is available to Team Permissions Admins, to administer Experiments permission for users.
3. To demonstrate, we will edit an existing user by selecting the user and clicking “Edit”.
4. To add the Experiments app to this user click the Experiments application check box. Notice two more tabs have appeared for permission selection.
5. On the Experiments tab, Team Permission Admins can select project permissions specifically for the user. Permissions are “None”, “Member”, and “Guest”. This is explained in further detail in the documentation in the ScienceCloud help section.
6. The Experiments Permissions tab is used to add a user to an Experiments Group. If a project belongs to an Experiments Group, assigning project permissions on the Experiments tab is not required. This tab will only appear if your team has these groups, which can be set up by contacting ScienceCloud Support.
7. Access to Experiments can be revoked by unchecking the Experiments check box in the Applications section of the User Information tab.
8. Team Permissions Admins can now manage projects for Experiments using ScienceCloud Projects Admin. Click “Projects” to access this feature.
9. For teams that are configured with access to the Experiments application, there is now a box referring to Experiments in the Projects pop up and an Experiments tab for assigning permissions to users.
10. Enter the information as required and note that on the Experiments tab you can assign permissions to users to this new project here. Note that if your team assigns Experiments project permissions on a Group level, please contact ScienceCloud Support for this configuration.
11. Team Data Admins are able to manage the Experiment Types used in Experiments using ScienceCloud Dictionaries Admin. Click “Dictionaries” to access this feature.
12. Select Experiment Type from the drop-down menu. Experiment Types can be added, edited and deleted as needed.