The Add data to Entities from File – Assay Results page allows users to upload one or multiple files for assay result registration, as well as create custom readers to read your registration file. Please see the video below which demonstrates how to use the “Add data to Entities from File” feature to add assay results.
1. The “From file” section in Add data to entities is a new page for registration that differs from the Project Documents application.
2. Unlike Project Documents, where files must be submitted using ScienceCloud’s Biological Templates, this registration page doesn’t require the templates at all.
3. One registration file and multiple attachments can be uploaded at a time.
4. To use our Generic Reader for registration, the file must be in a CSV format and employ ScienceCloud’s assay result fields as found on this page.
5. Pick the validation option that works best for you. In this instance, we will validate only.
6. Sending an email after validation is optional – after clicking Submit you are taken to a new page called My Registrations (which is discussed in the My Registrations video and help documentation).
7. Once the file is validated, you can download the report if there are any issues with the file to see what needs to be corrected.
8. For now, we will click “Return to previous page” to be returned to the Add more data to entities from file page to demonstrate the Interactive Reader Creation.
9. Registration files that employ a user’s own format, be it in Excel or Text format, can now also be uploaded for registration here. In instances such as this, a user must make sure a Reader has been created to handle the mapping of their file’s values to ScienceCloud fields prior to submitting the file for validation.
10. To create a reader, click “Interactive Reader Creation".
11. Choose and Upload a file with your own values – your fields will be imported and you will then match them to valid ScienceCloud values.
12. Save the mapping with a name, purpose and a description if needed for future use.
13. Choose the new mapping from the Reader dropdown.
14. Pick the registration behavior that works best for you. We will again validate only.
15. After clicking Submit you are taken to the My Registrations page.
16. Once the file is validated, you can download the report if there are any issues with the file to see what needs to be corrected.
17. Register your files to move the data into ScienceCloud.
18. Once registered, you can find your data either by searching in Project Data Search or by using the Notifications application.
19. Notice that even though your second file used your own values, because of the mapping using the Interactive Reader, everything was registered as it should be to available ScienceCloud fields.