1. The “From file” section in Register Entities is a new page for registration that differs from the Project Documents application.
2. Multiple registration files can be uploaded at one time by clicking the “Browse” button.
3. Registration files that use ScienceCloud’s available values can be uploaded using the “Generic Reader” selected from the Reader dropdown.
4. Registration files that employ a user’s own format can now also be uploaded for registration here. In instances such as this, a user must make sure a Reader has been created to handle the mapping of their file’s values to ScienceCloud values prior to submitting the file for validation.
5. To create a reader, click “Interactive Reader Creation”.
6. Choose and Upload a file example that uses your own values – your fields will be imported and you will then match them to valid ScienceCloud values.
7. Save the mapping with a name, purpose and a description if needed for future use.
8. Choose the new mapping from the Reader dropdown.
9. Pick the registration behavior that works best for you. In this instance, we will validate only.
10. Sending an email after validation is optional – after clicking Submit you are taken to a new page called My Registrations (which is discussed in the My Registrations video and help documentation).
11. Once the file is validated, you can download the report if there are any issues with the file to see what needs to be corrected.
12. Register your file to move the data into ScienceCloud.
13. Once registered, you can find your data either by searching in Project Data Search or by using the Notifications application.
14. Notice that even though your file used your own values, because of the mapping using the Interactive Reader, everything was registered as it should be to available ScienceCloud values.