Summary: An overview of the latest Project Data and Project Data Component Collection enhancements.
Release Date: March 10, 2017
Project Data Enhancements
Release version: 4.3.1
BioAssay Ontology (BAO)
- ScienceCloud now supports BioAssay Ontology described at http://bioassayontology.org/bioassayontology/
- BAO metadata can be applied to assays, test parameters, and results types in the Assay administration screen
- Provided the capability to add custom properties as free-form key/value pairs for compounds
- Introduced the new Web API that allows the user to add, delete, and edit custom properties for the following objects:
- Assay Groups
- Batch Groups
- Compound IDs
- Dictionary Items (Compound Status, Compound Types, Operators, Parameters)
- Other object types (Note: A full list of objects that support custom properties through the Web API is available upon request)
- Enabled editing of assay, test parameter, and results type custom properties through the Assay Administration screen
- In Project Data, displayed custom properties for assays and test parameters in tooltips in Single View and SAR table
- Added link to Single View to enable user to access associated Notebook experiment
- Added tooltips with details for compound, batch, sample and shipping in Project Data Single View
- Introduced the Copy Assay feature in the Assay Administration screen to enable easy copying of assay
Project Data Component Collection Enhancements
Release version: 2.4.1
Custom PropertiesThis release supports custom properties for all Project Data object types. However, for all data types other than Assay, Assay-Parameter, and Assay-Result-Type, you will have to request the custom properties in a separate step.
To use custom properties for Assay, Assay-Parameter, and Assay-Result-Type, you simply have to build your protocol using the newest component collection. To update existing protocols, replace any component in the deprecated list (provided in the section Assay Definition Components) with the newest version. You don’t have to update – existing protocols will continue to work as they used to, but update will be necessary to take advantage of the new custom properties features.
To use custom properties for other data types, you can retrieve and register them yourself using the new custom properties components. The custom property components are in:
Components/ScienceCloud/Project Data/Utilities/Custom Properties.
The custom property components are:
- Custom Properties Query: retrieve the custom properties for an object (if any), and append them to the data record.
- Register Custom Properties: take any declared custom properties on the data record and register them into the database.
- Clear Custom Properties: clear any custom properties stored on the object in the database.
- Declare Properties are Custom Properties: declare that one or more property names are to be treated as custom properties for subsequent Register Custom Properties usage.
In future releases, more data types will natively support custom properties, and you will not need to use these components.
Assay Definition ComponentsThe new collection contains components that allow you to inspect, create, and update your assay definitions. The new data types are:
- Assay-Parameter (formerly “Organism”)
- Assay-Result-Type (formerly “Test-parameter”)
To ensure a smooth transition, we deprecated a number of existing components, but left them in the package, so that any existing protocols will continue to work. These components are:
- Assay Query
- Assay to Assay Parameters
- Create Assay
- Define Existing Assay
- Update Assay
- Assay Group to Assays
- Assay Parameter Query
- Create Assay Parameter
- Update Assay Parameter
- Project to Assays
The deprecated properties for Assay are:
The deprecated properties for Assay-Parameter (Organism) are:
Administration ComponentsA new set of components only usable to Team Administrator are available under Components/ScienceCloud/Project Data/Administration Data Types
New components are:
- Project Query (Admin): return Projects in the current Team, along with the Batch groups and Assay Groups shared in each project.
- Team Configuration (Admin): return the following information on the Team: Team SCID, Team ID, Team Organization, prefix used for Compound ID, Size of padding for IDs, Separator used in auto-generated batch IDs, mode of generation of Batch IDs, and Assay Tenant name (if any).
- User Query (Admin): return details for all or some users in the Team such as
- Roles of users (Admin, application access, etc...
- Projects accessible to users.
- Project Permissions for each project a user has access to, relative to Project Data, Project Documents and Project Notifications applications.
- Usage Statistics: number of access and date of last access for each application users have access to, in a given period of time (year, quarter, month, week or day).
- Team Permissions for each user relative to Project Data, Project Documents and Project Notifications applications at the Team level.
- Account Status: is the user account disabled, stale (inactive for more than 250 days), locked out (maximum erroneous attempt of login exceeded), or has an expired password?
Various enhancementsThe Performance of Assay Result Query, Define Existing Assay Result when using Assay Result SCID and Assay Result to Assay Result Attachments have been improved.
User Query for the current user now returns information on the user even if that user does not have access to Project Data or Project Document.