Summary: Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), (a.k.a "web addresses") can be added to folders to provide links to Internet resources related to a project.
URLs are displayed in Project Documents in the hierarchy where files are saved. When a user clicks on a URL, the web site opens in a separate browser tab. The URL can be to a site on the public Internet or to a private page on an intranet.
Note: URLs can only be added to standard folders, not to Smart Folders.
To add a URL:
- Select the folder where the URL should be added to, and click Upload.
- Select URL as the type.
- (Optional) In Display Name, enter the label that should be shown in the list view for the link. URL names can include any combination of alpha and numeric characters.
- In Internet Address, enter the web address for the URL.
- Click Upload.
To view a URL:
- Navigate to the folder where the URL is located.
- Click on the URL name to be viewed.
The web site opens in a separate browser tab.