Summary: A summary of the latest features and enhancements for ScienceCloud from BIOVIA.
Release Date: December 28, 2015
Clicking a link will scroll the page to the relevant section.
- New ScienceCloud Concepts
- New ScienceCloud Features and Enhancements
- Updates for ScienceCloud
- New Mobile Features and Enhancements
- Updates for Mobile
New ScienceCloud Concepts
- Users can be members of one or more teams.
- System-generated IDs (SCID) are used with compounds, batches, samples, and shippings.
- Are now "compound tags" and "batch tags".
- Compound tag – Identifies compounds in a non-unique way.
- Batch tag – Identifies external Ids in a non-unique way.
- Batches and compounds can have multiple IDs.
- Library was renamed "batch group".
- A collection of assays and dictionary items that can be shared with multiple projects on a team.
New Group Administration page:
- Batch Group – A batch can be part of the multiple batch groups.
- Assay Group – An assay can be part of multiple assay groups.
New Dictionary Administration page:
- Analytical Type
- Compound Type
- Compound Status
- Test Parameter
Team Admin privileges:
- Add/edit – Projects for team
- Grant/revoke – User permissions to projects for team
- Add/edit/delete – Assay groups, batch groups for team
- Share/unshare – Assay groups, batch groups with projects for team
- Add/edit/delete – Dictionary items for team (analytical type, compound type, compound status, operator, organism, salt, test parameter, unit)
- Add/edit/delete – Assays for team
- Share/unshare – Assays from assay groups for team
- Duplicate records – It is possible to load duplicate records.
- A single user can be a member of more than one team.
- Users can switch between multiple teams. After switching, only data relevant to a team's context is displayed.
- Projects belonging to one team are all shown together (for example, P028-03, P027 = DEMO Team; DEMOACC-XX projects = BIOVIA Team).
- Admin features (tool icons) displayed are based on team.
- Applications are "team-related". For example, a user can access Analysis with Team A, but not Team B.
- When filtering projects for viewing on the Dashboard, the team members displayed in the Team Members section do not filter. All team members with access to any projects on the current team are always displayed.
- Sequences are not dependent on each other. Team A can have the same compound prefix as Team B, without impacting each other.
- Enhanced search functionality – The Structure and Project tabs were combined in Project Data for ease of use.
- Compound and batch tags – A compound tag was added as an optional non-unique compound identifier, and the External ID was changed to a batch tag.
- Structure zoom – Structure zoom uses editor preference. A download button is available for downloading the structure to a molfile from the zoom window.
- Batches and compound ID - Batches can be shared between batch groups across the same team.
- Likes and favorites:
- Ratings are now "likes".
- Ratings greater than 3 are displayed as a like.
- Likes, comments, and favorites operate on a per-batch, per-project basis.
- New fields – New fields are displayed (Tags, IDs, Batch Group).
- SCID – Analytical/sample IDs were removed and replaced with sample SCID.
- Structure zoom – Structure zoom uses editor preference. A download button was added for downloading the structure to a molfile from the zoom window.
- Likes – Ratings are now "likes".
New And Replaced fields:
- Compound Tag
- Compound Comment
- Batch SCID
- Batch Tag (replaced External Id)
- Batch Group (replaced Library)
- Assay SCID
- Organism SCID
- Assay Result SCID
- Compound SCID
- Sample SCID
- Shipping SCID
- Shipping Track No
New management features for Team Lead:
- Create and manage projects
- Assay group
- Batch group (replaces library/folder)
- Analytical Type create/edit/delete
- Compound Type create/edit/delete
- Compound Status create/edit/delete
- Salt create/edit/delete
- Tester – Tester list shows users with Biology Create permission.
- Duplicate Records – It is possible to load duplicate records.
- Batch split and merge no longer require Support assistance. Instead, the compound and batch IDs are immediately editable.
- Samples – No longer use wavelength.
- Units – No longer use dropdowns.
- Analytical Type – The dropdown accessed in the Purity popup is now called "Analytical Type" (previously it was a comment).
- Samples – Purity no longer includes wavelength field
- ShipTo – No longer requires a matching username. It is now a free field.
- Well conversion – No longer required in favor of accepting what user provides.
Insert/Update mode enhancements:
- Insert Mode – Inserts a compound/batch with sample and shipping.
- Update Mode – Adds/updates data to an existing batch.
- New field names – New field names are available. The legacy fields will continue to be supported for an interim period of time. For details, see the Available Fields list at https://aws.sciencecloud.com/project/view/registration-help?type=fields
- Batches can be deleted, even when they are associated with a Hit List.
- A batch can be deleted without having to first delete its biology data. Note biology data will be removed along with the batch when deleted.
- Moving files and URLs – A file or URL can be moved from one project to another. Previously, it was only possible to move between folders in the same project.
Main navigation enhancements:
- An icon is displayed at the right side of the search text bar in Project Data and Project Documents ( and respectively) to navigate between the two features. Previously it was necessary to navigate back to the Dashboard to access these features.
- For easier access, the Edit features on the Results tab were repositioned – Open in: SAR Table menu, Tasks, Export, Edit dropdown, Save Hit List, and New Query.
- For consistency, Project Data, Project Documents, and Home/Dashboard pages include the same set of icons – Home, Administration, Profile, Help, and Logout.
Assay navigation enhancements:
- Assay Groups can be created and shared with multiple projects rather than having to recreate assay/organism/test parameter/unit associations for each project individually.
- The assay tester UI was removed. Any user with the Biology Create permission can now be a tester.
Admin navigation enhancements:
- Team Admin users can create their own salts.
- Team Admin users can now create their own projects and assign users to projects with appropriate permissions
- New admin features are available for assays, groups (batch groups, assay groups) and dictionary.
Biological Data Loading via Template Loader
Template loader/biological Web service changes:
- Users must enter biological dictionary items in the Admin sections prior to registration. These items can no longer be added on-the-fly using the Biological Registration Templates.
- If the assay is not associated with the project where the data is loaded, the loader will prevent the data from being loaded.
- The assay can be associated with a project by adding the assay to an assay group on the Assay administration page and then associating the assay group to a project on the Group administration page.
- External IDs – The External ID field was removed from the form. Previously, it was used to add an External ID for a batch.
- Compound status – The compound status is no longer at the project level. Now, each compound can have a status.
- Synthesis Container - Batch synthesis container and synthesis well are no longer used.
- Right-click menus removed – All features where it was previously possible to create a new entry (Library Admin, Project Documents, etc.) were replaced with selecting an entry and then clicking on the desired action link.
ScienceCloud team Features
- ScienceCloud is accessible through any team for which a user is a member.
- Users belonging to multiple teams can switch teams in a sliding menu.
- The Search results screen displays multiple compound IDs, multiple batch IDs, and multiple project IDs for each batch, as applicable.
- Tapping a search result loads a new single view, where it's possible to swipe between multiple pages.
Available pages include:
- Batch Details – Shows information about the batch. From here, it's possible to apply likes and favorites to batches.
- Compound Details – Displays a larger image of the structure, as well as other details about the compound.
- BIO/ADMET Data – Includes a table of assay results for the batch. If an assay result has any attachments, the attachment can be viewed by tapping on the assay result.
- PK Data – A table of PK assay results for the batch. From here, a graph of the PK data can be viewed.
- Physchem Data – Shows physchem data for the compound and the pKA diagram of the compound structure, if it was calculated.
- Comments – For adding comments about batches and reading comments entered by other users.
- Globally unique SCIDs are displayed in the Batch Details view for each batch.
- One or more batch tags can be displayed for each batch in the Batch Details view. Unlike batch IDs, batch tags are non-unique.
- Globally unique SCIDs are displayed in the Compound Details view for each compound.
- One or more compound tags can be displayed for each compound in the Compound Details view. Unlike compound IDs, compound tags are non-unique.
- If a notification tile can be removed, it includes a Delete button. Previously, it was necessary to swipe left on the tile to reveal this button, but it was not obvious which tiles could be removed. The swipe-to-delete gesture still works on the home comments screen, but will not work on the batch comments screen.
- All notifications are searchable using the search bar at the top of the home comments screen. Previously, only project comments were searchable.
- User-applied ratings were replaced with a simpler like model.
- A batch is liked by tapping a thumbs-up (like) button in Batch Details view (see above). Tapping the thumbs-up a second time rescinds it.
- Old batch ratings of 4 or 5 were converted to Likes. Old batch ratings of 3 or less were discarded.
- Batches no longer have External IDs. Old batch External IDs were converted to batch IDs where possible (i.e., if the ID is unique within the Team that owns the batch), and converted to batch tags otherwise.