Summary: ScienceCloud provides an effective way for members of a "virtual" project to exchange information. An intuitive social networking approach to scientific collaboration is available for efficiently communicating across multiple organizations in different locations and time zones to promote the formation of an online community of project partners.
Social Collaboration Overview
ScienceCloud's secure social collaboration features improve communication, and make it easier to share ideas and get results faster. Instead of relying on disparate external emails, interaction, knowledge management, and collaboration can rapidly take place within the application where the data is being tested, analyzed, and managed.
Online social collaboration provides a way to engage with other users in real time and get your network of research partners to start discussions about topics of interest. You can share your opinions and ideas, and inspire others to share their expertise in return, facilitating innovation.
Project members can all work more effectively using these interactive tools and shortcuts to connect, engage, and deliver breakthrough scientific results.
Foster a Community of Research Partners with Social Profiles
All ScienceCloud users are automatically assigned a default user profile for identification purposes. This information is used for security/login tasks as well as to host your personal profile and facilitate social collaboration.
You can upload photos to use with your profile and also link to your existing profile in the professional social network LinkedIn:
To stay current about what matters most to you, configure your profile to send automatic notifications whenever projects are updated:
Share Ideas and Project Data
When working with projects, you can effectively engage with partners by taking advantage of the numerous features that support social collaboration:
- Comments – Comments make it possible to broadcast when you have new contributions, news, or findings, all within the workflow. Use comments to share small bursts of information in real-time, ask questions, request feedback, post updates, and share ideas.
- External files – Provide partners with additional details regarding a piece of data. For example, upload a literature article that inspired the experiment. Use comments to facilitate conversations around your supplied documents.
- Share results – Create, organize, and share research findings by sharing search results, queries, and hit lists. Use feedback comments to foster innovation across the team.
- Analyze results – Like each other's results (including your own). Add specific results as favorites for easy retrieval in the future.
- Exchange knowledge – Partners can share their domain expertise by setting up search queries based on logic that others can learn and benefit from using. Sharing knowledge saves everyone time and effort when performing research tasks.
- Keep stakeholders in the loop – Export search results to files that can be shared with external contacts who are interested in the latest research findings.
Comments provide a way to create threaded, context-rich discussions with the entire project team about contributions, news, and findings.
Social features are available when analyzing search results. Team members can sort for relevant information, add favorites, comments, and like results.
Team members can even provide additional background information by attaching files and URLs to comments anywhere that social features are available.
ScienceCloud keeps track of what team members share, so everyone can stay current on what information is available and who contributed the knowledge.
Engage and Collaborate from a Central Location
Everyone can advance their efforts by taking advantage of ScienceCloud's social features. Partners collaborating on the same projects can view related information directly from the ScienceCloud Home page. It provides a dashboard interface that displays all social collaboration features used throughout the application for review and interaction.
- Member profiles – Identifies all partners working on the same team. Photos are displayed for anyone who added personal information to their profile. Clicking on the photos leads you to more information including to its public profile in the professional social network LinkedIn.
- Activity streams – Keeps you up-to-date with real-time information about what you need to know. Use this feature to follow what your research partners are discussing, gain insight into how they are using ScienceCloud to perform tasks and solve problems, and find out who is influential for what matters most to you.
- Filters – Provide a way to display only those activities associated with your areas of interest and the type of information you need to follow.
- Notifications – Information is displayed to alert you whenever ScienceCloud apps notify of an important activity, project partners like a compound within project data or add a comment about a related compound.
- Comments – Add comments directly in an activity feed to add context to it. You can attach files and add links to related data. Project partners can also respond to your comments with additional feedback of their own.
- Results – Navigate and view related data by using the Details links that take you to more in-depth information.
- Search – Quickly find relevant information within comments by using the Search feature at the top of the home page.
Access all social features directly from the ScienceCloud Home page: